Sunday, May 17, 2009

My Favorite Things

Though I've been making a ton of pieces in preparation for my Etsy store, there are still a couple that remain my favorites.

These earrings I wear on an almost daily basis. I've gotten a lot of compliments on them, I think because they are simple and have a unique shape. I recently made similar pairs for my mother and grandmother using different center stones, and I'm working on a pair for my sister to wear to an upcoming formal event she has. I love the red, as it's sort of my signature color, and I think they just add a little glam to any outfit.



I was inspired to build this bracelet by an image on the cover of a beading book my mom bought for me a while back. I love the idea of using a hodge podge of different stones (something that I've been working to incorporate in more pieces). As the summer progresses and estate/garage sales become more frequent, I'm hoping to score some old jewelry that I can gut to do more things like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment